Duties include the sales and delivery of Herr’s® brand snack foods to local chain and independent retailers in a specific area. Upon becoming a part of our winning team you will be dealing one on one with store and business owners and managers to provide the best snack products and services available in our industry. All routes are Company-owned and operated; no investment on the part of the applicant is required.
|Specific Job Duties:
- Sell, deliver, stock, and merchandise (according to plan-o-gram) Herr’s® brand snack foods to local chain and independent retailers. (up to 60 hours per week)
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs.
- Process orders using hand-held computers.
- Accurately process associated invoices and paperwork.
- Provide excellent customer service to all accounts.
- Progressively increase current customer sales volume.
- Progressively increase customer base.
- Professionally and safely operate 8,000 lb. step van.
- Regularly conduct pre-trip vehicle safety inspection.
- Keep accurate inventory of product.
- Maintain clean and organized truck.
- Use of seat belt while in company vehicle.
- Use of hands free device while driving company vehicle.
- Maintaining a positive attitude while at work.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Preferred related experience could include prior sales, retail, or customer service related experience.
- Must pass job-related math assessment with a minimum score of 70%
- Read, write, and speak English
- Possess good communication and persuasion skills
- Possess valid driver’s license in the current state of residence.
- Must have a stable work history with good references.
- Must pass a DOT physical for specific branch locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive a step-van delivery truck
(may or may not be straight-stick shift)
- Have corrected vision to 20/30 or better
- Lift to 48 lbs. on a frequent basis (35% - 65% of time)
- Lift from floor to above head occasionally
- Bend, twist, squat, and kneel frequently
- Step on truck steps & back bumper and use steps at accounts
- Enter and exit retail locations with unknown accessibility
- Reach above shoulder height to 33% of time
- Stand & walk to 65% of time
- Sit & drive to 65% of time
- Push & pull to 33% of time
(up to 100 lbs. of weight if using hand-cart)
- Sweep & wipe to maintain clean truck interior
- Evidence sound judgment and have ability to adapt quickly to different work and driving conditions
- Work in changing climates and areas (i.e. outside, inside, dusty, hot, and cold conditions)
- Work on various surfaces including concrete, gravel, grass, and other varying conditions such as slick surfaces from rain or ice and cluttered docks at stores
- Use hand-held computer
- The workweek will usually consist of 50+ hours, Monday through Saturday (off Wednesday) or Monday through Friday (providing it is not a holiday week). In addition the workweek may be extended to 60+ hours when new RSP limited experience and/or business needs exceed normal demands, especially around holidays.
- Click HERE to find out how to join our Herr's family
Please note a complete job description with all relevant details and information can be obtained during the interview process.